MA of English Language and Literature
After the successful completion of the PHARE Energy Project “Technical and Economic Assessment of RES in Bulgaria”, where Albena was Project Coordinator, in 1998, Albena, Alexander Penchev and Mike Bess (ESD/Camco) established ESD-Bulgaria Ltd.
Albena is a leading expert with proven 15 year experience in the development, iimplementation management and monitoring of international RES and EE projects. She has implemented and managed various projects under PHARE, SAVE II, ALTENER, THERMIE B EU funded programs, as well as a numerous projects funded by the Government of Netherlands, UK Government – DFID, DEFRA, FCO, private international companies.
Albena continues to develop and implement RES and EE projects. She participates in the development of local sustainable energy plans and strategies.
Since December 2005, Albena is the Operations Manager of the company, responsible for the successful management of the company and the development of the business, as well as for the overall management of the local and international projects of ESD-Bulgaria.
Albena is also responsible for:
- Development of “corporative partnership” with Bulgarian and International clients;
- Internal financial management;
- Selection, management, training, motivation, assessment and discipline of staff, distribution of resources and tasks under projects;
- Supports and motivates each team member to achieve the set individual targets, to reach efficiency and high quality of work;
- Preparation of concept notes, project proposals, LOI, as well as development and implementation of sustainable energy projects.